Monday, November 12, 2012

Days 5 & 6

Well, I fell a bit behind in posting about the More Organized Home challenge. Day 5 (Friday) was couch diving and doing something you enjoy for 15 minutes. The kiddos LOVE to couch dive (keeping any money they find is a good bribe incentive!) so that was easy. The afternoon was full of baking -- a big batch of cinnamon rolls, banana bread, chocolate chip cookies, and pizza. Dan set up the video projector in the living room so I spent more than 15 minutes watching a movie on the wall that evening.

Monday's challenge and how I did:
::Get dressed in something that makes you feel great. My normal khakis, t-shirt, and Keens!
::Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and create a list of weekly goals. I’ll be posting my weekly goals later today along with a link-up so you can share yours, as well. I made a long list yesterday and finished a couple of things on it today.
::Set the timer for 10 minutes and run through your home and quickly pick up everything that’s out of place and put it away. Some of the things that are out of place just need to leave my house! That pile is still there, but pretty much everything else is okay. I could spend another 10 minutes or more cleaning papers off my computer desk, but I'm not sure where I'd put them!
::Set the timer for 10 minutes and clean out the inside of your vehicle. Remove all trash and clutter. If you have time, use a vacuum attachment to vacuum all the seats and floors out. Guido is my best friend today! (He's a third-year student of Dan's in the Bible Institute. He works for us on Mondays to help pay his school bill and cleaning my car is on his to do list!)
Tthe video projector stayed set up all weekend, so my girl and I watched the rest of the Anne of Green Gables videos. "I don't want sunbursts or marble halls..." She doesn't quite get it yet, but that's okay. We had fun anyway!

No comments: