Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 2 of Our Organizing Challenge

Today's task of wiping down kitchen counter tops is something I normally do three times a day anyway, so that much was easy. That's what happens when you live in a very dry and dusty area.

1.) Get dressed in something that makes you feel great. A Life is Good shirt is always good!

2.) Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea, refer to your list of goals and make a list of 5-7 specific things to accomplish today. I didn't make a new list, but checked things off yesterday's list as I did them. I only crossed off 4 things, but I also had a boy's birthday to celebrate today!
(This boy is now 13, but I love this picture of him with the walrus tusks!)

3.) Set the timer for 10 minutes and do a quick-clean of your kitchen.
Before:
After:
(There are dishes in the sink -- but they're clean! And the pies are still cooling on top of the microwave. The shrimp is defrosting in the sink and the rice cooker is waiting for dinner!)
 
 Before:
 After:

4.) Set the timer for 10 minutes and do a quick clean of your refrigerator. I took more than 10 minutes doing this because there was a lot of dust on the top of my refrigerator! I cleaned off all the magnets, recipes, and artwork and put back just a few of the important things -- like the measurement conversion magnet! I didn't get pictures of this assignment, but the baggies you see in the pics above have been put away.

If you're wondering why in the world I'm showing you my messy kitchen, take a look at Money Saving Mom and her nifty plan. And then go check on my sister's progress!

No comments: