Saturday, December 1, 2012

Organized Home Days 12-15

Yikes! I'm a little behind schedule, but some areas are looking better than they did a week ago!

 Day 12 I don't remember what I wore, but I'm pretty sure it was khakis and a t-shirt! I didn't vacuum, but I did clean the microwave, the top of the stove, and the oven window.

Day 13 Swiped the bathroom, cleaned the dust off the top of the fridge, and wiped down some of the kitchen cupboard doors. It wasn't on the list, but I cleaned everything off the fridge door to make room for our countdown calendar tins.
Day 14 Carolyn helped me clean mirrors and the glass doors in the kitchen. I think I'm glad I don't have any other interior doors with windows! She took pictures of the utensil drawer and included "during" shots.
Before:
 (I like the blurred look -- it makes the "after" look even better!)
During:
After:
 
Day 15 The computer got feather-dusted today and I took care of a number of e-mails in my inbox. There's still a lot of work to do on that, but Windows 8 is killing me! My 15 minutes of doing something you enjoy was spent with Carolyn making a garland with the Cricut. (This is the 2nd of our 3 countdown activities!) We decided we liked the ornament pattern best, so most of the garland is made of that. Inside each of the tins in the picture above is a bit of candy and these Bible verses. After we read the verse, we glue it on the garland.
 
We had a nice vacation at the coast and enjoyed fish for our Thanksgiving lunch! It was a special treat to spend time with Dan's parents.