Wednesday, December 3, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Our altered-Altoid-tin countdown to Christmas Day is filled, on the fridge, and ready. Some of the tins have already been removed -- believe me, Carolyn doesn't let us get behind!
 And both of my "minions" are ready for some fun! Carolyn and I decorated Andy's door while he was gone to Bible study.
Then Andy and I decorated Carolyn's door while she was making cookies at Grandma's house.
 

The trees are up and decorated (very similar to last year's forest of trees), the handprint candles are on the table, and the Snoopy table runner has been ironed and put on display. We do enjoy the season and our fun little traditions.

This year, I've been reading Preparing My Heart for Advent and I'm really, really enjoying it and feeling challenged. Yesterday I underlined this sentence: "Advent is a time to wait, anticipate, and prepare our hearts for the coming of Jesus." I marked it because that is really what I want our celebrations and funny little things to lead my children (and myself!) to -- anticipating Jesus.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

What fun to have kids at home!